The 376th anniversary of the foundation of The congregation of our lady of charity by Saint John Eudes
The 376th anniversary of the foundation of
The congregation of our lady of charity
by Saint John Eudes
25th november 1641 – 2017
We share what the Annals from Caen writes about the beginning of the Congregation:
The Divine Providence has the time and the moments to accomplish its Works: from all eternity the city of Caen was chosen to be the place where our Institute began and to accomplish the Project of Reverend Father John Eudes, priest and missionary, Founder of the Congregation of the seminaries of Jesus and Mary. His life is well known although not yet written but very well known in all our Monasteries.
Our Institute was the result of his ardent zeal for the salvation of souls and the fruit of his apostolic work in the missions.
Can we keep alive today this same ardent zeal for the salvation of persons?