AGUCHITA, DISCIPLE OF JESUS THE GOOD SHEPHERD
To be a disciple of Jesus of Nazareth means to assume a way of life, the way Jesus made God visible, by setting at the centre of his love: "the person", especially those who were rejected by religious, political and social structures, that is to say, the poor, the children, the women, the sick, the strangers... Jesus loved them extremely, reaching out to them, listening to them attentively, creating a different way of establishing human relationships, a different way of understanding the world and doing everything possible to make the Kingdom of God a reality here and now.
“MYSTICS and COMMITMENT” are key elements in the life of a disciple.
THE END ? ... LIFE IN ITS FULLNESS...
On the 28th of August, Aguchita celebrated her feast day and was very happy. She wrote a gratitude letter to the provincial superior, Sr. Delia Rodríguez:
"One day, in meditation, (God) reminded me of the great "dream" I had when I discovered my religious vocation: it was to work in the jungle; years have passed since then and I say to myself that the Lord brought me here to give me pleasure before I die and in my old age, finally, I am clay in his hands."
Bad news: the comrades (terrorists) came for the second time, they declared La Florida a support zone. During this last visit, they left 2 people dead. The Father will tell you about it in more detail.
We commend ourselves to your prayers. We are in the hands of God. We are all very united in prayer....
The youngest of your daughters embraces you with affection."
Sister Marie Augustina.
"THE KNITTING NEEDLES HAVE BROKEN... AGUCHITA"
On the 27th of September 1990, in the early afternoon, Aguchita was teaching a group of girls how to make candy. At that time, a group of subversives from Shining Path came in La Florida. They summoned the villagers to the main square, fear gripped everyone... they called one by one those who had been condemned... Aguchita was also summoned and they accused her of talking about peace and doing nothing, of distributing food, of working and accompanying the Ashaninca, and of distracting the children with carmelitos (sweets)....
Celina, who was in La Merced and heard about what had happened in La Florida, called the provincial and told her "the knitting needles have broken" ... "Aguchita" ... it was an agreed message to say that the worst had happened.
This is the hour of truth, of the definitive YES... Here I am, Lord, to do your will!
It is the hour of truth of LOVE, which loves to the extreme.
It is the hour of truth, in which the disciple identifies him/herself with his/her Master.
It is the hour of truth, the shepherdess who gives her life for her sheep.
It is the hour of truth, everything is fulfilled.
A TIME OF CONTEMPLATION...
John 15, 12-17
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you..
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you..”
- - How do we look for and find community spaces to live the fullness of friendship that supports our life of disciple?
After a time of silence, in the sacred space of my heart, I say to myself: "At the end of the path, they will tell me: - Did you live, did you love? And I, without saying anything, will open my heart full of names".
- What is written in my heart? What do I want to write?
A SINGLE GRAIN OF WHEAT...
A single grain of wheat that sprouts with love to give life, and life in abundance.
- Aguchita, a grain of wheat of love in solidarity with a world that seeks to satisfy its own needs.
- Aguchita, a grain of wheat of inclusion, face to a society that emphasizes more and more what differentiates us to exclude, separate, reject the other because of his/her culture, his/her sex, his/her religious beliefs, his/her way of seeing life...
- Aguchita, a grain of wheat of peace, face to those who use political, social, economic, ecclesiastical power and authority to dominate, humiliate, denigrate and subjugate....
- Aguchita, a grain of wheat of dignity for women, teenagers and girls whose rights have been violated
- Aguchita, a grain of wheat of communion with God in the community, in the mission, in the families, in the work that encourages new relationships of co-responsibility and shared wisdom.
- Aguchita, a grain of wheat of the prophetic truth of the Gospel, life choices and abundant life for the poor and discriminated people.
- Aguchita, a grain of wheat of fidelity to the love that loves to the extreme, to the love that is fruitful in the human reality, to the love that transcends borders and transforms the world to make it more just, human and inclusive.
Aguchita, a grain of wheat of the active contemplation of the creation of the earth as our common home, the "Pachamama" (Mother Earth).
I’M STILL LIVING…
Siembra Group - Ynés Franco
I was a prophetess of the everyday, of the poorest, of the forgotten. I was one of the simplest Ayacuchanas, a woman of work and prayer.
I learned about the Christian virtues among the poor and the sick.
Among the young people
and the joyful girls,
faithful witness of the Good Shepherd.
And I am still living, dear Sisters, in each sick person who stands up, in each young person who is accompanied, in each poor person who is embraced.
Deeply faithful to God, I accepted the challenge, I was not afraid to put myself in danger. With my people, I gave my life, with the poor of my country.